Eight principles. One proven approach.
Market-Based Management® is a way for organizations to succeed by helping others improve their lives. It is the business philosophy and framework that we apply to innovate, improve and transform ourselves in order to create greater value and find fulfillment. Our MBM® Guiding Principles are who we are as a company and they guide everything we do.
Market-Based Management® (MBM®) is the engine that powers the Guardian family of companies. MBM is an holistic approach to management that integrates theory and practice and prepares organizations to deal successfully with the challenges of growth and change. The theory of MBM is rooted in five dimensions:
- Vision: Determining where and how the organization can create the greatest long-term value.
- Virtue and Talents: Helping ensure that people with the right values, skills and capabilities are hired, retained and developed.
- Knowledge Processes: Creating, acquiring, sharing and applying relevant knowledge, and measuring and tracking profitability.
- Decision Rights: Ensuring the right people are in the right roles with the right authority to make decisions and holding them accountable.
- Incentives: Rewarding people according to the value they create for the organization.